Thread: Royalists vs Parliament in the Dutch Antilles

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Thanks for a very exciting and also informative AAR Dispatch Paul. It was great to see these earlier ships in action against each other.
    Rob.
    Glad you enjoyed the game, Rob.

The rules work well for larger fleet actions. SoG is good for about 4 per side in a solo game (i.e., I can manage 8 in total). More than that I get flustered and tired. The above game was 13 ships in total and I finished it in less than a relaxed 3 hours. However, SoG has more "within a ship" detail.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the game, Rob.

The rules work well for larger fleet actions. SoG is good for about 4 per side in a solo game (i.e., I can manage 8 in total). More than that I get flustered and tired. The above game was 13 ships in total and I finished it in less than a relaxed 3 hours. However, SoG has more "within a ship" detail.
    Sorry, I forgot to ask; what rules exactly do you use for a game of that size that can allow a "less than a relaxed 3 hours"? I've got to know.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by MWBell View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to ask; what rules exactly do you use for a game of that size that can allow a "less than a relaxed 3 hours"? I've got to know.
    “Mad for War” - available from League of Augsburg (UK) or Warfare Miniatures (USA)

...and that should have been “less than 3 relaxed hours”. “Less than a relaxed...” would be imply “not relaxed”.