Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword56 View Post
You know, Steve, your excitement for this game comes through so sincerely that you've almost convinced me to give it a try!
I think that was actually Eric that you quoted, but I'm pretty enthusiastic about Naval Action, too. I've had it since late 2014 and have been enjoying it ever since. I generally prefer tabletop miniatures games to video games, as I like the tactile sense of being there with my opponent (and heck, playing with toys!) but there are certain video games I enjoy, too. They tend to be pretty specific and pretty simulation oriented. Rise of Flight is my favorite flight sim, and although I don't have much to compare it against, I am really enjoying Naval Action.

With that said, it's still in very early Early Access, meaning there is much that will be improved. The developers are actively enhancing it, but it's a bit rough right now. The expectation is that it will continue to get better - it's quite playable and stable now - with time and further improvement. The devs are also pretty good at listening to the community and taking their feedback onboard. I don't have much to compare it against but I'm suitably pleased so far. There's also no DLC model - you pay once and get everything. I like that quite a bit.