Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
Getting a ‘fire’ chit seems to be the secret. I use the action rules which can result, as did in this case, the garrison too busy fighting the fire to do things like reload and fire.

The scenario didn’t say anything about how to handle the sloops so 8 went with John’s solution.

The 2 chits are the Leander crew used to crew the Diana. Again the scenario didn’t say what that meant for the Diana’s crew boxes and hits received. So I assumed that the Diana would still have all her crew boxes before striking as many of the crew hits would be versus empty crew positions. So half the Diana crew boxes being hit = 1 Leander crew box.

As you might tell, I’m just making up things as I go along - all for the sake of a story. The actual game just gives me a framework around which to weave the fabric dare-doing, swashbuckling, treachery, intrigue, etc.
No worries about any of that Paul, you interpret the game as you wish. Take out the fort on the isle with a landing party, attack during the night and draw cards to see if you are spotted or whatever solution is good for you. Being a vindictive type, had I decommissioned the forts I would have hung around a bit and shot the third Sloop to bits, but that is just me.
When sending landing parties you can fill in gaps on you ship mat with the brown casualty figures but placed upside down. When your men return just remove the chits less any killed in the raid. Then if you have to fight your way out you know your remaining complement of crew.

The decision on crew hits for Diana seems to be a fair way of doing things.
A great AAR in all respects.
Rob.