Thread: CIRCVS MAXIMVS

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    I've yet to see one which improves on original _Car Wars_.
    My friends and I converted Car Wars into a miniature game using Hot Wheels type cars. Rather easy to do using bases and turn templates made out of matte board.

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    My friends and I converted Car Wars into a miniature game using Hot Wheels type cars. Rather easy to do using bases and turn templates made out of matte board.
    There is a scale slightly smaller than Hot Wheels I used to do that with for a convention game. We decided to take a cue from Nascar and put sponsor stickers all over the cars and went with a Simpsons theme for the arena. There's a huge Duffman beer cut-out and one for the donut shop too. The first car to die got to come back in as the Vagisil VW Bug and got to keep his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    There is a scale slightly smaller than Hot Wheels I used to do that with for a convention game. We decided to take a cue from Nascar and put sponsor stickers all over the cars and went with a Simpsons theme for the arena. There's a huge Duffman beer cut-out and one for the donut shop too. The first car to die got to come back in as the Vagisil VW Bug and got to keep his car.
    When my son was young, I got him some sets that had micro-sized vehicles, not Micro-machines, and have now probably been out of production for a long time. A while back, then quite older, he was going to throw them away as he was cleaning out old toys and things he had outgrown. I rescued the ones he had trashed and collected as many of them as I could when he came across them. They are quite nice looking, better looking than the better known Micro-machine line and I believe somewhat smaller. I am hoping to be able to use them for Car Wars if I ever get the chance to play again.

Name:  Components in box.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  200.5 KBYou've been unintentionally insinuating dangerous suggestions in my mind. I'm now seriously thinking I'll pull out the Car Wars to run at Mag-Con, as well as Sails of Glory.
    Last edited by Andy Blozinski; 01-05-2014 at 11:35.