View Poll Results: In Which Navy Would You Have Served?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Britain

44 40.00%
  • France

8 7.27%
  • United States

34 30.91%
  • Spain

6 5.45%
  • Other

18 16.36%

Thread: In Which Navy Would You Have Served?

Hybrid View

Ordinary Seaman
    Spain

Log Entries
    Name
    Vik

You're absolutely right! That's the good thing of these kind of games. There are only pilots or commanders with planes and ships. There aren't terrible politicians, kings, etc. above you

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Churruca View Post
    You're absolutely right! That's the good thing of these kind of games. There are only pilots or commanders with planes and ships. There aren't terrible politicians, kings, etc. above you
    For crying out loud: *DON'T* give game designers ideas! Can you imagine the cosmic nightmare which would be games like this with period politics?

"OK, I have my fleet together, and -- what's that?"
    "Oh, just a card saying half your fleet is unavailable due to your captains being of the opposing political party."
    "*FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU--*!"

Ordinary Seaman
    Spain

Log Entries
    Name
    Vik

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    "Oh, just a card saying half your fleet is unavailable due to your captains being of the opposing political party."
    And that's only ONE of a lot of possiblities. I don't know About other countries of that period, but here we had corruption, incompetence, economic mismanagement... Ups! Wait a moment! 200 years and... it`s the same! :p

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

For crying out loud: *DON'T* give game designers ideas! Can you imagine the cosmic nightmare which would be games like this with period politics?
    LOL, done that (and been on the receiving end of that) in the past. The joys of campaign games with people who really get into the period settings!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Japheth

Quote Originally Posted by Churruca View Post
    This is why I like games. Exercise your skill without interference.

I went with U.S. since it is my country, however, I would have sailed for Napoleon if he asked (and I wasn't needed in the Artillery on land). :)