Hybrid View

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    It seems to me that if Ares commissions the tooling then they own the IP... of course when you deal with China possession is nine points of the law and all IP bets are off.
    If memory serves I think this is exactly why Catalyst Games Lab's, "Leviathans" died? Either the company they were using defaulted on agreements or they just up and took all the master molds and disappeared? I've tried to verify this on the CGL website but the Leviathans forums are pretty much dead.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    If memory serves I think this is exactly why Catalyst Games Lab's, "Leviathans" died? Either the company they were using defaulted on agreements or they just up and took all the master molds and disappeared? I've tried to verify this on the CGL website but the Leviathans forums are pretty much dead.
    _Leviathans_ had more problem than just the minis -- hint: Most of the folks I know long-ago adapted _Space:1889_ for the purpose; they don't need $150 of custom dice to play it.... (Nice try, CGL; but most gamers see through the "bespoke components" scam.)