View Poll Results: Flipping cards, or two miniatures?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll have a ship mini for both sides.

35 44.30%
  • I'll make due with one ship and flip the card as needed.

38 48.10%
  • I only need one ship and one side of the card to play my games.

6 7.59%

Thread: Flipping cards, or buying two ships?

Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Speaking of custom cards, I started a thread where we can discuss stretching the existing sculpts to sister-ships and near-sisters...

So far it's a lot of placeholders for the Wave 1 and 2 sculpts, but it's at http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...n-Custom-Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Speaking of custom cards, I started a thread where we can discuss stretching the existing sculpts to sister-ships and near-sisters...

So far it's a lot of placeholders for the Wave 1 and 2 sculpts, but it's at http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...n-Custom-Cards
    Cool! Are we going to be able to post them?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
    Cool! Are we going to be able to post them?
    Yes, as they are not a replacement for a component that Ares makes. They have specifically stated that cards and stats for ships they do not yet make are just fine. Should they make a ship in the future that we have already done a custom card for, we would simply remove the custom at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Able Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    They have specifically stated that cards and stats for ships they do not yet make are just fine. Should they make a ship in the future that we have already done a custom card for, we would simply remove the custom at that point.
    If they themselves made up packs of extra ship cards to fill out the rest of each class (with stat boards for ships whose ratings vary), that would be the single most effective thing that they could do to get me to buy more ships. I only have GFOJ, Cape St. V, and Trafalgar in my Spreadsheet of Doom so far, but it's already telling me that I need nine more Temeraires. I'm holding fire on snagging more of them, in case there are more repaints coming as filler between waves of actual new sculpts. With cards for the ships I need for particular battles already in hand, I wouldn't have a reason to wait.

(My real answer to this poll is "A ship mini for both sides still doesn't give me enough 74s. I can has moar, plz?")