Thread: Australian fleet launch

Hybrid View

Landsman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

And another from Vic. Makes me wonder if I've possibly met Paul & Adrian over a few biplanes? WoW Over Melbourne last year, or Conquest this year, perhaps?

To be honest, I am really looking forward to SoG - still have some fond memories of a series of games called the Hornblowewr Cup, played here in Melbourne in the late '80s - and as I'd just finished painting and rigging a couple of Langton ships when i saw the announcement of SoG, I was already revved up!

Quote Originally Posted by frpat View Post
    And another from Vic. - still have some fond memories of a series of games called the Hornblower Cup, played here in Melbourne in the late '80s
    ok now things are getting weird.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000898.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	395

As you can see from the picture..."The Hornblower Cup" won by yours truly back in the late 80's at the Western Suburbs Wargame Club in Altona....They ran the competition for several years and the only year I entered I somehow managed to win. Talk about a small world, blast from the past etc etc :D:cool:

Oh and that makes 100 posts!

Landsman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

My main memory is of the commander of the squadron I was in suddenly deciding he was in big trouble as we neared the opposition's squadron, and ceding command ot me as he shot through - playing at the League at the time. So i went all death or glory on other guys' ships - Hearts of Oak were the rules at the time. Broke the line - point blank fully loaded broadside stern rake on their leader, and a full point blank bow rake on the next ship. Then I got rather badly shot up - but they bought me a beer in honour of a gutsy try!
    Really hoping these rules kick off a big interest in the era.