View Poll Results: What Nationality Would You Like Next?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

87 50.88%
  • Netherlands

19 11.11%
  • United States

51 29.82%
  • Russia

4 2.34%
  • Other

10 5.85%

Thread: What Nationality Would You Like Next?

Hybrid View

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Merchies will be the "two seaters" of SOG. Popular with players who appreciate the historical context of the game, the scenario aspect , and hence how important they are. Ignored by players who concentrate solely on the offensive capabilites of a ship.
    I'm looking forward to scenarios that aren't focused on two sides just trying to club each other to death. Escourt, defense and timed missions should be something Ares and the community both try to bring to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    I'm looking forward to scenarios that aren't focused on two sides just trying to club each other to death. Escourt, defense and timed missions should be something Ares and the community both try to bring to the game.
    I agree. Even back in the old days of WS&IM, trying to protect a convoy of merchantmen was more challenging than just "clubbing each other to death". Even though I also like the clubbing part.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I agree. Even back in the old days of WS&IM, trying to protect a convoy of merchantmen was more challenging than just "clubbing each other to death". Even though I also like the clubbing part.
    Oh, you can still have the "clubbing" bits. That comes with the boarding part.