Thread: AAR: The Treasure Galleon - by spiessbuerger (Royal Prussian Navy)

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Matthias

Question 1: the Radetzky (Player) and the Galleon (AI) did surrender at the same time.
    The other Players frigate (Thetis) was still on table but disengaging. Did she auto-capture both surrendered captains? I would say yes.

Question 2: if a ship is disengaging, is it for the rest of the game? Or is it possible that the ship come back into battle? (for example if the balance of power is turning to her side)

Thanks Jim and Rob for your Feedback and grats

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by spiessbuerger View Post
    Question 1: the Radetzky (Player) and the Galleon (AI) did surrender at the same time.
    The other Players frigate (Thetis) was still on table but disengaging. Did she auto-capture both surrendered captains? I would say yes.

Question 2: if a ship is disengaging, is it for the rest of the game? Or is it possible that the ship come back into battle? (for example if the balance of power is turning to her side)

Thanks Jim and Rob for your Feedback and grats
    Good questions. Just my opinion, but I would say for Question 1, if the AI ship and Player ships surrendered at the same time and you still had a player ship on the mat then the moral of the disengaging ship would change dramatically. If it isn't an automatic capture I'd certainly make the odds of it happening strongly favor the remaining player. As for Question 2 I know from the rules that a disengaging player (whether AI or not) is still going to take opportunity fire as it leaves the game. If it's still on the mat when a big change occurs I would see it coming back into play potentially, if not automatically?