Thread: SOG Starter Set - at last!

Midshipman
    Poland

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrzej

Default SOG Starter Set - at last!

Since overseas shipment costs of KS campaign was disastrous, I have been waiting for local online stores to import the boxes. Some of them showed their SOG stocks on Saturday, so I have ordered the Starter today and will to get my hands on it on Wednesday, for weekend tests.
    It is a bit late, but I wonder in which European countries the SOG products are available and who of you Eu mates have them:)
    Ahoy!
    Andy.

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

In Serbia (athough not EU) available. I bought mine on 22nd

The whole stuff is available in Germany, except the Starter Set.

Some shipping failures mislead them to somewhere else...

Now they're on the return and I hope they will arrive here end of January.

One ship mat and a British frigate make the order complete.

I already have a single French SoL and a French friget from the series I (Commerce de Bordeaux & Embuscade)

Midshipman
    Poland

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrzej

I am eager to try the system and plan to post my first impressions here after the weekend
    Meanwhile some reading of the SoL era awaits

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

It's been available in the Uk for over a week, in fact playing mats are already starting to sell out.

The Starter Set is listed in my usual German online store as available since yesterday I think (though with 2-7 days of shipping) - that normally means they know it's on its way into their store.

Midshipman
    Poland

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrzej

Default The waiting is over now

The Starter Set has just arrived in less then 48 hours from placing the order . A store I can recommend for this part of Europe: rebel.pl

Name:  20140129_100458.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  182.3 KB

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Congrats!!! Enjoy your sailing!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

Mine should arrive tomorrow, I can't wait! Enjoy.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Will we see some Friday evening battles with the wives, Andrzej? Be careful, or you might find yourself walking the plank.

Midshipman
    Poland

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrzej

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Will we see some Friday evening battles with the wives, Andrzej? Be careful, or you might find yourself walking the plank.
    I am all for playing with them;) Let's see how the story unfolds, my Friend.

"Walking the plank!" LOL LOL

I've had the starter set and ships on pre-order from Wayland Games since beginning of December and they still haven't got stocks in. Managed to pick up the starter set fom Wales last week and the ships from here and there, but it seems I'm going to have to wait until Spring to get the mats when Ares get re-stocks

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Nelson View Post
    I've had the starter set and ships on pre-order from Wayland Games since beginning of December and they still haven't got stocks in. Managed to pick up the starter set fom Wales last week and the ships from here and there, but it seems I'm going to have to wait until Spring to get the mats when Ares get re-stocks
    I got a mat from Grail Games last week, it might be worth checking with them to see if they have any more in stock. Even if not it might not be that long a wait it is probably easier for Ares to get more maps produced than the ships.

Do a google search around and see what's out there different from your normal channels. I found a place that had (19) Additional Ships Mats sets for sale and ordered some this morning. They were only charging $6.30+ shipping for them too.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    BRIAN

12-7games has 18 I stock still for $6.40 plus shipping

Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN DUNBAR View Post
    12-7games has 18 I stock still for $6.40 plus shipping
    That's where I got them from.
    Whoops..it was $6.40, not $6.30.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    BRIAN

They also have the captain and crew ability decks for those of use who were not able to be kick starter supporters

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    BRIAN

Luckily I bought an accessory pack and shipmats from 12-7 so my daughter and I can play. I am still waiting for my starter set from miniature market because they haven't received the bag set yet. They are being told that the bags will be in in a couple weeks.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

They also have the captain and crew ability decks for those of use who were not able to be kick starter supporters
    Thanks very much for that information I have ordered a set, I had thought that they wouldn't be available to us mere mortals. I also notice that they have a few KS exclusive ships available too, prime prices though.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    BRIAN

That's what I bought them for on ebay from 12-7. Thought I was going to get them for 30 a piece and someone ran the price up last minute.
    Last edited by BRIAN DUNBAR; 02-02-2014 at 11:45.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

That's what I bought them for on ebay from 12-7. Thought I was going to get them for 30 a piece and someone ran the price up last minute.
    That's ebay for you there is always someone lurking with a last minute bid, I also bought a set from an ebay seller. I got the frigates but lost out on the SoL bidding, in a way I was relieved but then the seller gave me a second chance offer to buy them for $40 each, which I couldn't resist. I didn't mind the cost of the ships so much but shipping to the UK was eye-watering.

Luckily I bought an accessory pack and shipmats from 12-7 so my daughter and I can play. I am still waiting for my starter set from miniature market because they haven't received the bag set yet. They are being told that the bags will be in in a couple weeks.
    Similar thing happened to me. I ordered a game mat, frigate and ship mats from Cool Stuff. They are still waiting on the ship mats to come in and holding the rest.