Hybrid View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I think Keith is spot on with this.
    I'll take it a step further and recommend storing the bases separately, or make sure your foam is the exact height of the masts of the ships on their bases, as I've seen what happens when the base gets jostled off. It isn't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I'll take it a step further and recommend storing the bases separately, or make sure your foam is the exact height of the masts of the ships on their bases, as I've seen what happens when the base gets jostled off. It isn't pretty.
    But leave a little room for those who will add flags. (Do you have a headache yet)?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I don't think that will be possible since over time the ships will have different heights. Besides, I don't think what you saw will be an issue when carrying your own minis, just those times you hire the Post Office to carry them for you. lol That issue was also caused by me using whatever sized pluck foam I had on hand at the moment. With a cavity sized correctly, I don't think you will see much shifting around of the base.

I am thinking of some type of "stopper" insert that could be placed in there to help secure the base with attached ships down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Keith, are you going to call the "Port packs or Port trays"?
    I was thinking "Drydock Trays" actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    But leave a little room for those who will add flags. (Do you have a headache yet)?
    As long as the flags are below the highest point of the mast, there should not be any issues. In the thicker foams, any additional thickness really increases the price... not to mention takes up that much more room in our bag/case.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Another way to throw money at this game? Where do I sign up?!?!

But seriously, I'm happy to know that my ships will find a good home when they aren't busy smashing each other to pieces (figuratively speaking!). I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!