Rewinding a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
I was thinking of what ships Ares could use for the War of 1812. For the British 38-gun frigates would be a must. If they could merge classes, notable 38's such as Shannon and Macedonian could be produced. A U.S. flagged Macedonian could be produced, as well as the British, if Ares wanted something different. Unfortunately Java and Guerriere were French built.
Java was also a Hebe derivative just like the Ledas, and Guerriere is a very close match on dimensions despite being a one-off. I'm somewhat reluctant to commit to it without a draught, but for now I've penciled Guerriere in alongside Macedonian and Shannon as SGN105 reprints. Irony is the same design family making up the backbone of the frigate forces for both sides in the Napoleonic Wars...

With the 44 already being produced, the U.S. 38's would be logical. There would be no problem with Congress and Constellation but Chesapeake was a bit smaller being 12 feet shorter and 22 tons lighter. However at 1/1000 scale the size difference might not be that significant so that a third variant could be produced.
12' ~=3mm in scale. My penciled-out group for the 38s was Congress/Chesapeake, Constellation/Philadelphia and a blank-back HMS Chesapeake for the third.

A British sloop would be appropriate and the Cruizer class brig-sloop would be most appropriate with a large number of names to chose from.

A U.S. sloop would need to be done with the early Wasp and Hornet being the choice. A British flagged Wasp could be produced to give three versions. While the early U.S. sloops had an advantage over the British brigs, the large 1813 ship-sloops would be way too powerful against the brigs.
Rub is, as with the entire line, coming up with enough ship names to make three double-sided SKU's on the latter... unless we can get Ares to get over their obsession with it. Both Cruizer and the later Peacock group had relatives on the Great Lakes and had relatives in both ship and brig rigs, so I would tool these two hull sculpts with sockets for both--see my "Brainstorming the War of 1812" thread.