The Lord High Admiral contacted me on the 28th Jan re the future of the Drome and the Anchorage.

I asked him if I could make this disclosure to the Admiralty Board.

He has answered in the affirmative. Tha Board have made a decision.

Hello Rob,

One thing that has not come up in the talk about moving the Aerodrome over to the new software and hosting service is that of the Anchorage. Since it is a separate site from the Aerodrome, any price we get for moving to the new system will not cover the Anchorage. In fact, we would have to setup a separate site for it on the new system. This would add thousands of dollars to the overall move. I don’t think we can justify that for a game that is no longer being produced.
My only thought would be to see if any of the active Anchorage members wanted to take the time to copy and paste important threads or resources into a new section created on the Aerodrome before the move happened. It would be a lot of work for those members, but unless someone can come up with a better plan I don’t see a way to save anything from the Anchorage.
I am trying to work out exactly how a migration to the Invision Community site would work. It looks like it will cost $1850 for them to migrate our current forums (I’m checking to see if that includes all our Albums, files, and such). We will also have to have the new site up and running before I shut down the old site to make sure we got everything we needed. That would mean we would need to purchase the new software at $1788 (1 year subscription) before I could get any of the pro-rated funds back when we shut the old site down. That is a total of $3638 that we’d have to come up with. I’m not sure if that is possible or not.
Thoughts?
Thank you,
Keith Upton

We have now decided to open this to the shipmates, as we decided to go along with the idea of moving to a sub forum on the New Drome. We could not come up with that sort of money for a separate forum of our own.
I suggest that you follow me in saving to your home computer anything that you value so that it can be downloaded to the new Anchorage when that is opened. Thus far I have saved all the Campaign briefs and am now working on the How to section, so no need for any of you to worry about those.
Rob.