Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Interesting, I noticed in #2 that apparently Mr Lavery counts the ports on both sides of the foredeck of the French ship, but only on one side for everything else.
    Easy mistake to make, happens to me occasionally too. :o Main point is, would the community accept a single shared sculpt for all of those? Admittedly, Simon and Henry sculpt not just class or family but "specific ship and fitting," but... if Ares is to ever pivot back to Napoleonic after they get the new pirate line out it needs to be worth their while - maybe we don't particularly need them for ships anymore but they are a BIG help for maneuver decks, bases, logs, and terrain accessories. We can get ships, but ships alone are only a small fraction of the components to make a full game rather than just a display.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

That being said, I favor 'style of' rather than a specific ship. For instance, I like the more elaborate quarter windows on the French ship above for French ships. I like the rounded taffrails of Spanish ships. If ships feature design features of their nationalities (captures aside), I'm happy.

That's why I was asking for pictures of Bahama. I wanted to see that she looks distinctly Spanish.