Thread: The Defense of Principio Furnace

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

As Rob said this was a nail biting finish, I was rooting for Swan and thought from the description of the fight she would lose the contest, and so it was a good outcome from my point if view.
    Looking at the Ships cards in the Butchers Bill, in the story you said Finch settled, which I took to mean sank but she still has crew and cannon available. Presumably it's the red dots that are hull damage, are they always evenly distributed or allocated per side according to hits taken. Then once one side is fully battered further hits reduce the other side?

Great aar and the island in the centre looks particularly nice.
    Cheers

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Once a side is reduced, the owning player must take any numerical hit chits as their choice of flooding, rudder, or mast hits. If both sides are lost, the vessel is settling. We don't remove it. It sinks later.

The red dots are hull damage and when a section is lost the corresponding firepower is lost as well.

I'm glad you like my island. The real one is just a few miles from our house, and would have looked something like that in the 18th century.