Quote Originally Posted by MWBell View Post
Hi Eric,

We once lived in the Trenton area ourselves; after moving up from (are you ready for this?) NORTHERN DELAWARE! We lived in Ogletown and visited the Brandywine area quite regularly back in the '70s, taking (I believe) Rte 100 through the woods, hills and dales along the babbling creek. It was always so beautiful. We just visited the area a couple years ago and couldn't recognize anything; no more woods, hills and dales. The same goes for the battlefield itself. When we explored it (again in the '70s) you could really see and feel what happened where. Even Dilworth was in the boondocks. When we did our reenactments we had large tracts of land to play on; the last couple we participated in (maybe 10 years ago), we camped and fought on the acreage near the HQs and visitors center.

These days we live near McGuire/Ft. Dix.

Mike
Ah Ft. Dix. Got mustered out there years ago!

While the battlefield is mostly housing developments, Rte 100 is still a nice, wooded drive along the creek! In Delaware that area was preserved in part by all the DuPont property. There is a Brandywine preservation movement which helps keep some open land and parks, especially along the river. I often ride my bike out that way.