Thread: AAR, Historical Scenario, Action 20-10-1778, The Anglo-French War

Hybrid View

Ordinary Seaman
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrew

I don't know that Joakim in Stockholm... and you've reminded me that I need to change my location!

The 50-gun plus frigate vs the 64 works quite well if the Royal Navy ships are manoeuvred well. In reality HMS Medea and Jupiter lined up on either side of Triton. The Medea only lasted about 30 min before needing to withdraw after a 36-lber holed her below the waterline. The Jupiter and Triton eventually withdrew from each other in the dark squall with no clear victor on either side, much like in the AAR.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Fabbe View Post
    I don't know that Joakim in Stockholm... and you've reminded me that I need to change my location!

The 50-gun plus frigate vs the 64 works quite well if the Royal Navy ships are manoeuvred well. In reality HMS Medea and Jupiter lined up on either side of Triton. The Medea only lasted about 30 min before needing to withdraw after a 36-lber holed her below the waterline. The Jupiter and Triton eventually withdrew from each other in the dark squall with no clear victor on either side, much like in the AAR.
    That probably explains it, my Frigates would both have been Amazon Class, I don't have a 50 Gun one, maybe I need 3 Frigates.

It was a bit of a long shot about Joakim, he sounds a very nice guy.
    Cheers