Thread: Medals and promotions Board.

Hybrid View

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Many congratulations to you, Rob, upon your promotion to the rank of Admiral of the Fleet and thank you for promoting me to Admiral of the White. I can't say that I have done much recently to merit that but I realise that it comes by seniority.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good morning Dave.
    It could have been Admiral of the Red for post 1805, as Admiral of the Fleet no longer used the Red, but I prefer the earlier set up as it covers both periods better.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I can announce that the award for top poster for January 2022 has been won by Argo.

Congratulations Achim.

Bligh
    Last edited by Bligh; 02-01-2022 at 01:19.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am also happy to announce that Achim has achieved the proficiency to be entered on the books as Able Seaman.

Congratulations again.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I can also announce that the award for top thread starter for January 2022 has been won by SkeenaH.

Congratulations Howard.

Bligh

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations to you both!

Ordinary Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    Howard

Thank you! I'll tell the missus and treat myself to an extra ration of grog

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Thank you for medal, promotion and congratulation, gentlemen!
    Howard's extra ration of grog is an excellent idea, I think I will do the same

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I believe that the Wardroom may be expecting a little bit more than that shipmates.
    I have sent my steward down with the first bottle from my supplies. The rest of the evening is up to you.
    Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It has just been brought to my attention that Continentaleye , Anthony was never awarded his medal for submitting five Campaign AARs for the 2015 season. I have therefore issued this medal.
    Congratulations Anthony.

Bligh.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations! Well done.

Thank you gentlemen! Unfortunately, due to some serious health issues of a family member, I have been unable to complete any more scenarios or visit the Anchorage on a regular basis. I miss both endeavors. Whenever I can, I do visit the Anchorage and continued to be amazed by the modelling skill and statistical insight of the members. I dearly miss playing SOG and hope to return to it in the future.
    Anthony
    "It seems to be law inflexible and inexorable that he who will not risk cannot win."
    John Paul Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Continentaleye View Post
    Thank you gentlemen! Unfortunately, due to some serious health issues of a family member, I have been unable to complete any more scenarios or visit the Anchorage on a regular basis. I miss both endeavors. Whenever I can, I do visit the Anchorage and continued to be amazed by the modelling skill and statistical insight of the members. I dearly miss playing SOG and hope to return to it in the future.
    Anthony
    Hope your situation improves soon, Anthony.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sorry to hear about your problem Anthony.
    The Anchorage is certainly the poorer for missing your contributions.
    I hope things will sort themselves out for the best.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And our top monthly poster for February is ShadowDragon. He receives the Bronze award

Congratulations Paul.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Paul also does the double this month with the award for top thread starter. Another Bronze medal for Shadow Dragon.
    Congratulations.

Bligh.

Thanks, Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My pleasure Paul. They were well earned.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Today we have the presentation of the Reputation 500 gold medal to Vol from all his shipmates.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Thank you to all of my shipmates! Very much appreciated.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Congrats, Vol. Well deserved.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Well done, Vol!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For the second month running our Top Poster Award goes to ShadowDragon.
    This time the Silver Medal.
    Congratulations again Paul.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And our top thread starter for March is Vol. who now receives the Gold medal for this award.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    And our top thread starter for March is Vol. who now receives the Gold medal for this award.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.
    Thank you Sir, much appreciated!

Thanks. And congrats, Vol.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

I will add in a late congratulations to the recipients here. Congratulations Vol and ShadowDragon!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me great pleasure to announce the award of the Reputation 250 Silver medal to Paul, Shadow Dragon, from his fellow shipmates for his contributions to the site.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Many thanks for keeping on top of that, Rob. It's appreciated.

Congratulations Paul on a well deserved medal!

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Congratulations Paul on a well deserved medal!
    Thanks, Vol.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Congrats on your medal Paul, well deserved that man

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For the third consecutive month Paul, Shadow Dragon has bagged the top monthly poster spot. I therefore have pleasure in awarding him the Gold Medal.

Congratulations sir.
    Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Paul has also masnaged to bag the three monthly thread starter Silver Medal for April.
    Congratulations on this award also.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And something most unusual this month which has only happened once before. Argo has tied with Paul and thus collects his first monthly thread starter medal.
    Congratulations Achim.

Bligh.

Very cool, Rob, and congrats to my co-winner, Argo.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Very cool, indeed!
    Thanks for the reward, and congratulations to you and thank you for the rep, Paul!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me great pleasure on behalf of the Navy Board to confirm the promotion to the rank of Admiral of the White to Captain Nightmoss.

Congratulations Jim.

Bligh.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

My thanks for this significant award. I'm very honored.

And of course drinks are on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    It gives me great pleasure on behalf of the Navy Board to confirm the promotion to the rank of Admiral of the White to Captain Nightmoss.

Congratulations Jim.

Bligh.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me great pleasure to announce the award of The site recognition award to Chris, Captain Duff.

The citation reads :-

For his unstinting dedication in ensuring that Sails of Glory was represented at Games shows and also Doncaster over many years.

Congratulations Chris.

Bligh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    My thanks for this significant award. I'm very honored.

And of course drinks are on me!
    Wow! Congratulations Jim on a well deserved promotion!
    Sorry for the late acknowledgment, I haven't been getting Anchorage notifications for some time now.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Is it out of line to suggest posthumous awards from both boards in memory of Naharaht's contributions?
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No it is not DB. Dave was actually in line for it along with Chris, but as secretary to The Board I act on your instruction.
    It will be done sir.
    Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It is with a sense of personal sadness and loss, and on instruction from the Comptroller of The Navy Board that I announce the award of the Sails of Glory Service Medal, posthumously, to the late Admiral David Naharaht for services to the aforementioned board.

The citation reads:-

"A prestigious medal award to a select few for their dedication of time and knowledge to helping to keep the Sails of Glory Anchorage website a reality."

Wm. Bligh Secretary to the Navy Board.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations to all those medals awarded while I have been otherwise engaged.

I will stand at attention with my hat in hand and honour Naharaht. He will be missed.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Well this is a first. A medal award to a new member before he has even posted.
    The Minor Con Medal goes to Simon's son Andrew, aka CptPugwash for assisting at yesterday's Partizan show.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me pleasure to announce the award of the medal for posting 10 AARs which are not in a campaign to Sven Comte de Brueys for his completion of this hurdle.
    Congratulations my dear Comte.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am pleased to announce that the top poster for May is Achim, Argo, who has now earned the Bronze medal for this achievement.

Congratulations.

Bligh.