Thread: What's on your workbench for August?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default What's on your workbench for August?

This month I be mainly being a wrecker.

Name:  IMG_0819.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  192.6 KB

Bligh.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

My workbench will have to wait for the August solo scenario. There's no July but I'll post August as soon as I've played through it again.

Then there's a Sybill on my workbench too. I was thinking of making a merchantman of her (I have two) but I'm not sure. There's that wave 4 that will make my conversion completely wrong.

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

I have 100 Vikings!

I want to paint and rig 3 SofG 60-74s and USS Constitution.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I just recently fixed the masts on my aerodrome busted mast ships (sick deal and it only takes a little super glue to make the ships right as rain). As for August I think I might finally finish the model of the Constitution that I keep putting off (will post pics) as well as beginning work on my very first ship in a bottle (I've been gathering materials and tools and learning about the hobby. I just took measurements of my bottle, one of these badboys http://www.totalwine.com/_static/web...09892175_3.jpg , and used graph paper to carefully plan the build. It's going to be the HMS Surprise based on the one from the Master and Commander movie. And of course, will post pics).

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron0224 View Post
    I just recently fixed the masts on my aerodrome busted mast ships (sick deal and it only takes a little super glue to make the ships right as rain). As for August I think I might finally finish the model of the Constitution that I keep putting off (will post pics) as well as beginning work on my very first ship in a bottle (I've been gathering materials and tools and learning about the hobby. I just took measurements of my bottle, one of these badboys http://www.totalwine.com/_static/web...09892175_3.jpg , and used graph paper to carefully plan the build. It's going to be the HMS Surprise based on the one from the Master and Commander movie. And of course, will post pics).
    Good luck with your project! I'll be anxious to see some progress photos.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

I fixed the masts of three 1st rates and one Hebe class frigates. (Anchorage - broken mast sales)

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Sven got me to remember that I have many French third rates I should paint, rig and make flags and pennants for.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I'm actually going to take a break from Sails of Glory and work on some 15mm ships I picked up at Gen Con. They're created for a game system called Sailpower: Fun Scale Combat in the Age of Sail. I was in a big 30 person game on Saturday evening and managed to be one of two folks awarded one of their ships. It was probably a mercy award as captain of the pirate flagship I managed to lose the ship to 100 Dutch marines. Then turned around and lost a second ship to the British (after I convinced 22 French prisoners to join the pirates). Fun times!

Name:  DSC02418.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  141.1 KB

Name:  DSC02419.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  142.8 KB
    –English Proverb

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Stephen

Nothing naval this month. I've just cleared a box of Warlord Games Terminators (A nice, quick and easy project) and now I'm starting on some Valom Albatrii. <Takes a deep breath>

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Greetings Stephen. Welcome aboard the Anchorage!
    –English Proverb