Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kaiser View Post
    31 custom painted and rigged ships is quite the test of a sure hand, and surer' patience, (Especially considering your beautiful work!) Practice makes perfect! Also, regarding HMS SURPRISE Jonas, are you going for the historical ship? (there are many), or the Movie accurate ship? (HMS ROSE).
    Thank you very much for your kind words!

I'm aiming for a mix of the historical HMS Surprise of 1796 and HMS Rose as my true aim is to make a frigate that's a little smaller than the 32:s to plug the hole to the sloops, but I don't know how much it will show as the sails will still be quite big. I'll probably see if I can cut down a little on them too. I've already removed the main and mizzen masts and filed the shape of the stern to be a better match, but right now I have to dismantle my work desk to allow handymen changing windows, so it's been put on hold.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    Thank you very much for your kind words!

I'm aiming for a mix of the historical HMS Surprise of 1796 and HMS Rose as my true aim is to make a frigate that's a little smaller than the 32:s to plug the hole to the sloops, but I don't know how much it will show as the sails will still be quite big. I'll probably see if I can cut down a little on them too. I've already removed the main and mizzen masts and filed the shape of the stern to be a better match, but right now I have to dismantle my work desk to allow handymen changing windows, so it's been put on hold.
    You're a master crafter, can't wait to see the outcome! Custom 28 gun ship log and ship mat as well? O'Brian would be proud. Still working on mine when I can, with summer almost here and kids almost out of school, things have been crazy.