Thread: Admiral Home Popham Telegraph signal book 1806

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Brad

Default Admiral Home Popham Telegraph signal book 1806

Greetings Folks!

Attached is a copy of Admiral Home Popham's Telegraph signal book 1806. It is in A5 format on A4 paper. When printed, fold the page in half and insert into A5 document sleeves. Insert them into an A5 binder and, voila, you have a Signal Code Book! This transcription has been done from a copy of the book in the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich.

Also attached is an interim cover for those who use an insert binder.

However, for you Americans, there is a problem. The standard paper you use is slightly wider than A5 and slightly shorter, so the file will not fit that paper. Therefore, if anyone in the US would like me to send them the Word version so that they can modify it to size, please let me know and I will forward it to your email address.

Also, if anyone would like further info on Flag Signalling Procedures, I can also supply that too! Though, one simple measure for confusing your enemy would be to switch numbers to letters using the International Code of Signals which is freely available online! If you want the NATO ones as well, I can post those but they will not be in a usable format.

The Signal Book will, in due course, be the basis for the Signalling system I am developing for the game, which some may choose to use.

Rod Langton provides 3 small sheets with the Signal Flags of the Royal Navy, French Navy and Spanish Navy.

Hope you all find it useful!

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

That was a good 'find', Brad!

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Brad

Took me a while to get it into Word format and then shrink it to A5 from the on line format. Once in Word, I just "printed" it to pdf format.

This is the website for those interested: http://3decks.pbworks.com/f/Admiral%...520edition.pdf