Thread: 12-7 Closing Doors :(

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Default 12-7 Closing Doors :(

The news gets worse... Bill just asked me to forward this to y'all.

On 3/15/2015 7:23 PM, contactus wrote:
    > [REDACTED],
    >
    > I would appreciate it if you would post this discount code on the Aerodrome and Sails of Glory forums. I am closing the store in about one month and this code will be good for 25% off all items.
    >
    > 25PERCENTOFF
    >
    > To use the code, just entry it into the appropriate section at checkout.
    >
    > Let me know if you have any questions.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    >
    > Bill
    > 12-7-Games, Inc.
    *taps playing*

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Sad news indeed. It's bad enough when the local brick and mortar stores shut down, but when the online retailers close shop it seems even more depressing.

Able Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    shane

Welcome to the new age..........................where we will be expected to do everything with smart phones.........computers etc.Just look at the new generation, already
    they are suffering from addiction to smart phones... on-line gaming........ social networks. More young people walk into manholes, trains, cars due to the "smart phone".
    You cannot even go to a coffee shop now where people of all ages sit around a coffee table texting each other. As an experiment walk around one and count the numbers of
    people with a cell phone out. I do not know what is more of a laugh....... sitting playing FTF with your mates, drinking beer, or watching others sit around texting each other.
    I consider smart phones " dumb" because all they do is make us rely on others to do what we should do ourselves. Our race is becoming "dumb" now because our kids cannot
    even use their own imaginations, and would rather spend their lives staring at a little black box.

Do we know why he is closing? Seems like there plenty of online retailers that are doing well. In my area several LGS also seem to be fine (helps to be near multiple college campuses).

The popularity of X-Wing, CCGs and other Star Wars titles argue against your statement. In the miniatures war gaming community we have been hearing these "death of the hobby" statements for 20 years. IMO gamers will put down their phones and mice for FTF interaction. Now if they'll only put the phones away while they're driving!

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Eric, he didn't say but I think in large part it's been his particular tight focus on certain wargames--he got in the business largely as a way to facilitate his own collecting Axis & Allies Miniatures, and when WOTC pulled the plug that was a hard hit, partially mitigated by diversifying into Wings/Sails. Then with Ares's inability to meet delivery schedules adversely impacting huge-personal-expense things like pre-paid and prearranged family trips and having to drop them...

Long story short, 12-7's always been a retirement side-business, and with no new inventory coming in it's time to clearance it all and hang up the spurs for him.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by stuh42asl View Post
    Welcome to the new age..........................where we will be expected to do everything with smart phones.........computers etc.Just look at the new generation, already
    they are suffering from addiction to smart phones... on-line gaming........ social networks. More young people walk into manholes, trains, cars due to the "smart phone".
    You cannot even go to a coffee shop now where people of all ages sit around a coffee table texting each other. As an experiment walk around one and count the numbers of
    people with a cell phone out. I do not know what is more of a laugh....... sitting playing FTF with your mates, drinking beer, or watching others sit around texting each other.
    I consider smart phones " dumb" because all they do is make us rely on others to do what we should do ourselves. Our race is becoming "dumb" now because our kids cannot
    even use their own imaginations, and would rather spend their lives staring at a little black box.
    This reminds me of last week when I stopped in a Burger King to get a cheese burger and drink for lunch. I noticed a young family (Mom, Dad, & 4 kids ranging from about 8 to early teens) sitting at a table. Each of them had their Smart Phone or other hand held device in hand occasionally taking a bite of food, staring at their little electronic gizmos, and not saying a single word to one another! I couldn't help but feel
    "War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

On the other hand, they shut up and you were able to enjoy your meal in silence...

Sad news that 12-7 close the doors.

I ordered there before (A&A minis & WoG stuff), but have to say that I prefer the Anchorage Store / Aerodrome Accessoires since Keith offered this outstanding service to us.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Sale discount increasing. New code is 35PERCENTOFF , and it ups the discount to 35%.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Update, new code is 50PERCENTOFF , half off everything. The End Draws Nigh... :(

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

Slim pickings. I picked up the costal batteries for about 13 bucks, shipped, with the 50% off discount. That's all they have for SGN.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Most of the SoG stuff was pretty much gone by the time of their announcement about closing unfortunately! Sad to see them go!!
    "War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I just ordered a bunch of A&A WWII armor. Sad to see another online retailer fold, especially one that carried OOP items.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Final Two Weeks. Code is 35PERCENTOFF again, but now the discount is SIXTY percent.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Oops, code is 60PERCENTOFF.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Grand Finale, two weeks left. :( Final code: 65PERCENTOFF - 65% off entire order.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

As Gandolph would say " The real world isn't in your touch phones, and pads.....(points to window), it's out there.