I think of SGN as a gateway drug. It gives you a taste of what Napoleonic miniature gaming is all about. I love it. It's quick and easy and fun. When you're ready for something with rules for just about anything you can think of, there are many, many rulesets to choose from. Picking the best rules from each game and ignoring the bad ones allows you to create a game that is perfect for you. For WWI and II naval actions, no game even compares to Seekrieg 4, which is a free download now because they want you to buy Seekrieg 5. I'm talking about a hundred pages and charts for every kind of warship from steam to nuclear powered. Once you play a game of that, you will have the equivalent of a bachelors degree in modern naval warfare. It's not for the faint hearted. It takes a ton of studying and during the game, you're not looking at the ships, your nose is buried in charts. But it really plays "authentically". At the other end of the spectrum, you have "strategic" games that treat ships like checkers. One roll of the die and part of your fleet completely disappears. In between, there's something for every kind of player.