Ares have a posted an errata and addendum page to the rule book here

http://www.aresgames.eu/13238

Enjoy!

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Jörg

Even when it was already posted in an other post its good if someone overseen it:

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...d-on-Ares-site

Quite right Jorg, I missed that!

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Jörg

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Quite right Jorg, I missed that!
    Np, i miss so much too, better posted 2 times as overseen i think.

I think we could be glad ares give the players anything, even when its only a little errata to the rules.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

The Combat correction reads: After players have announced their attacks (in no specific order), all attacks are resolved simultaneously. Effects are applied at the same time, no matter the type of attack.

Does this mean that if three ships along with musketry fire upon a single ship, all of the chits are pooled and damage recorded thusly, as if from a single firing, as opposed to each ship's firing being recorded one-at-a-time?
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    The Combat correction reads: After players have announced their attacks (in no specific order), all attacks are resolved simultaneously. Effects are applied at the same time, no matter the type of attack.

Does this mean that if three ships along with musketry fire upon a single ship, all of the chits are pooled and damage recorded thusly, as if from a single firing, as opposed to each ship's firing being recorded one-at-a-time?
    Yes, but I think that is always how it worked. The main idea behind the clarification, as far as I can tell, is to confirm that you must declare all attacks, before seeing any of the results. So you can't fire the first shot, see if it looks like a good draw, and if so, shift the second ship's broadside to a different target. I was already playing that way personally, but I can see how it might have been interpreted differently.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

That's funny, Fred. The way I have been playing it is that each ship records its fire damage separately, and I worked from the closest ship to the furthest - the joys of interpretation.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

That's funny, Fred. The way I have been playing it is that each ship records its fire damage separately, and I worked from the closest ship to the furthest - the joys of interpretation.
    I've been amazed sometimes how I could play a rule in a way that seemed very logical for a very long time, and then have it pointed out that I was clearly out of sync with the rulebook

But yes, on page 18 it says "after all attacks are resolved and all players have drawn the damage counters for their ships, the counters are placed on the ship log according to the following rules..." Maybe not conclusive, but my reading of it was that all the damage counters a ship receives in the turn are combined and put on the log in one big bunch

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    I've been amazed sometimes how I could play a rule in a way that seemed very logical for a very long time, and then have it pointed out that I was clearly out of sync with the rulebook
    Given the possibility of Sue signing in in the near future, I won't make any comment on marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    But yes, on page 18 it says "after all attacks are resolved and all players have drawn the damage counters for their ships, the counters are placed on the ship log according to the following rules..." Maybe not conclusive, but my reading of it was that all the damage counters a ship receives in the turn are combined and put on the log in one big bunch
    Seems like a very reasonable and correct interpretation. I will change the way I play, thusly. Thanks.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Given the possibility of Sue signing in in the near future, I won't make any comment on marriage.
    You mean Calvinball With Benefits? :p LOL

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    You mean Calvinball With Benefits? :p LOL
    "Calvinball is not authorized PT." ;)