Thread: Victory & Constitution reverse ship cards?

Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Of course, the other thing to consider is cash flows... FFG is probably a LOT more fluid than Ares, what with economies of scale and such. So the bigger company can do a better job of feeding Gamer ADD, while... even if we on the advisory team had a half-dozen waves' worth of release candidates all pre-generated up to the "start designing tooling" phase, we'd be competing with WGF, WGS, War of the Ring and all the rest of the catalog for production time and capital. Ares is NOT a very big company, which really helps them in some areas and can really hurt in others. And don't forget, when doing business in China, priority in the factory goes to the highest bidder...

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Of course, the other thing to consider is cash flows... FFG is probably a LOT more fluid than Ares, what with economies of scale and such. So the bigger company can do a better job of feeding Gamer ADD, while... even if we on the advisory team had a half-dozen waves' worth of release candidates all pre-generated up to the "start designing tooling" phase, we'd be competing with WGF, WGS, War of the Ring and all the rest of the catalog for production time and capital. Ares is NOT a very big company, which really helps them in some areas and can really hurt in others. And don't forget, when doing business in China, priority in the factory goes to the highest bidder...
    All of what you say is true, but the average fickle gamer still moves on to other things if they aren't consistently fed new product, or word of new product arrival.

No doubt FFG is the big gorilla, but even they have had issues with foreign game production. Last year they couldn't even provide the basic Y-Wing minis for Gen Con because of issues in China. I wont even start on the issues Catalyst Game Labs had and continues to have with Leviathans.

I know Ares is small and they have more IP's to juggle than just Sails. I pretty much posted this to let folks know not to expect more from them because of the production challenges and the competition with their other properties. Paul did much the same in a post he put up on Board Game Geek when someone asked where the Victory and Constitution were in the pipeline.

I'm not happy about the delays, but I've already accepted that it is what it is.