Thanks to Bobby's thread on the US Navy in 1797 I got the idea to repaint the HMS Sybille into the USS Philadelphia. The Wave 2 ship had arrived with a broken foremast so it was in repair/drydock mode to begin with, but I also removed the mainmast to make painting easier, both on the deck and on the sails. I went with the buff color like the photo of the USS Boston. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing some other "US" repaints and will probably move over to the white masts, etc. This is my first attempt to do running rigging on an Ares SoG ship. I also used the Wave 1 brass ratlines from the Anchorage Store. They're are not perfect fits, but the only really noticeable problem is on the foremast (too short on the lower ones). SoL ratlines are way too large for these medium frigates and with the exception of the foremast the SGN103 ratlines worked pretty well. Finally, I recently found a small acrylic display case at Michael's that's normally intended to display baseballs, but with some modification I think some ships (thinking USS Constitution special edition) might look nice in them? Photos follow. Cheers!

Name:  USSPhiladelphia1.jpg
Views: 2079
Size:  105.3 KBName:  USSPhiladelphia2.jpg
Views: 2643
Size:  109.0 KBName:  USSPhiladelphia4.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  116.3 KBName:  USSPhiladelphia5.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  93.8 KBName:  USSPhiladelphia6.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  104.0 KBName:  USSPhiladelphia3.jpg
Views: 1211