Thread: The log for pirate ship Blood Raven

Hybrid View

Give Andy Roberts credit for actually making the Black Pearl log for Jim (Nightmoss). Marc (Jack Tar) graciously sent Jim's file to me both as a Powerpoint and as a photo file. All I did was copy and paste (from MS Paint) using his file into Powerpoint and did a few straight text inserts (the font is actually called Rapscallion).
    Did you notice how the damaged gun factors are the reverse pattern of what they normally are? I used the HMS Sybille from Wave 2 as my basis, but reversed the half broadside factors so the higher of the two is always at the front, instead of the back. This was a vague attempt to simulate an emphasis on bow chaser guns. That's also why I'm considering Hollywood-ing it up and switching to the slightly faster A deck (it's supposed to be an E deck). This would make it much more of a pursuit ship.
    I'm only halfway done with the ship card. I still need to lower the veer rating. The Taken Aback red zone is smaller as the card was originally made for a C deck ship. I'm probably going to leave it there. This even more emphasizes it as a pursuit ship that has Hollywood capabilities beyond what it realistically should.

Here's the Crimson Permanent Assurance (It's a Monty Python Reference). The "A" and "E" deck swap for this ship would be the exact opposite of the Blood Raven:
    Name:  temp2.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  122.7 KB