Thread: SALE! Miniature Market Spring Cleaning on Wave 1

Hybrid View

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Thanks for the heads up DB. The site is loading incredibly slowly for me so I may wait until tomorrow to try and take advantage of the sale. More intriguing was the new release of the Tantive IV!?! That is so tempting, but I'm up to my neck in Sails atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Thanks for the heads up DB. The site is loading incredibly slowly for me so I may wait until tomorrow to try and take advantage of the sale. More intriguing was the new release of the Tantive IV!?! That is so tempting, but I'm up to my neck in Sails atm.
    I saw that CoolStuffInc had the Tantive on preorder for $60. I think the Rebel transport with X-Wing may be the better buy for $40. Saw a review of it and there are lots of scenario possibilities.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    I saw that CoolStuffInc had the Tantive on preorder for $60. I think the Rebel transport with X-Wing may be the better buy for $40. Saw a review of it and there are lots of scenario possibilities.
    I have two of the RTs -- there is a scenario which requires *three* of them....

Also: The RT has *no* offensive weaponry on it; all it can do is Support tasks (jamming and such), and Ramming (or, rather, being in the way and letting fighters crash into it). It looks like a zeppelin, and is about as effective in combat. :)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    I have two of the RTs -- there is a scenario which requires *three* of them....

Also: The RT has *no* offensive weaponry on it; all it can do is Support tasks (jamming and such), and Ramming (or, rather, being in the way and letting fighters crash into it). It looks like a zeppelin, and is about as effective in combat. :)
    So after buying 2 of them you seem to be very skeptical of their capabilities. Some of the cards and energy rules seem to be interesting, no?

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    So after buying 2 of them you seem to be very skeptical of their capabilities. Some of the cards and energy rules seem to be interesting, no?
    Well, the design takes the word "inoffensive" to new heights -- the best it can manage in a scenario is an ECM platform. Other than that, it's nothing but a big target.

That said: I am working up a scenario notion involving a Rebel "commerce raider" -- a group of Imperials homes in on a lone Rebel "transport"; the scenario begins as the "cargo containers" pop open and disgorge a brace of hyperspace-capable Rebel fighters and attack units.... >:)