It was love at first sight.

The series 1 Temeraire ship of the line Commerce de Bordeaux.

Solved my first two games with this beauty, but there was one detail that hurt my eyes everytime I looked at my temporary flagship.

The big white flag of the House of Bourbon.

Step 1 to convert the ship into a reputable member of the French revolutionary fleet is to paint carefully the tricolor flag of France on the white underground of the former flag.

Carefully - and don't forget the rearside, please.

Step 2 is to change that ugly black bow figure into a golden display of Marianne.

Step 3 is to paint the boring white rudder in the color of patriotic red. (...so that everyone can see it from a distance. ).

Step 4 is to make a scan of the former ship card, change the name with a graphic programm and print it (with a better colour printer the mine, please.)

Rename the Commerce de Bordeux to TIMOLÉON like they did in 1794.

Step 5 is the same action like step 4 with the damage box inlay.

Have fun with your very French ship now and wait for your series 2 flagship.

From the wiki:

Commerce de Bordeaux was a Téméraire class 74-gun ship of the line of the French Navy. She was funded by a don des vaisseaux donation from Bordeaux.

Renamed Timoléon in February 1794, she took part in the Battle of the Nile under captain Louis-Léonce Trullet. In the confusion of the battle, her rudder was damaged by misdirected fire from the neighbouring Généreux. She fought for three days, eventually running aground and set on fire by her crew. She exploded around noon on 2 August, the last fighting French ship of the battle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_...aux_%281785%29