Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
Jim - AFAIK -We are going to see: USS Rattlesnake (in fact she is pictured on the devblog about crew management), USS Essex, Ingermanland (64 gun ship Russian I think) and 1-2 large traders (Indiamen) - Amsterdam and Gros Ventre. Oh and they are also working on Bucenture (sp).

They also just completed the player ship vote for 2016 - I forget the top ship - I think another Dutch ship. I think they said some new ships may come in the next few patches. They are working on shipyards and production buildings as well.

The big feature at least for the PvP server is the rework of port battles with the various forts and land in the battle instances, which is coming in the Spring.
Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword56 View Post
You know, Steve, your excitement for this game comes through so sincerely that you've almost convinced me to give it a try!
Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
I think that was actually Eric that you quoted, but I'm pretty enthusiastic about Naval Action, too. I've had it since late 2014 and have been enjoying it ever since. I generally prefer tabletop miniatures games to video games, as I like the tactile sense of being there with my opponent (and heck, playing with toys!) but there are certain video games I enjoy, too. They tend to be pretty specific and pretty simulation oriented. Rise of Flight is my favorite flight sim, and although I don't have much to compare it against, I am really enjoying Naval Action.

With that said, it's still in very early Early Access, meaning there is much that will be improved. The developers are actively enhancing it, but it's a bit rough right now. The expectation is that it will continue to get better - it's quite playable and stable now - with time and further improvement. The devs are also pretty good at listening to the community and taking their feedback onboard. I don't have much to compare it against but I'm suitably pleased so far. There's also no DLC model - you pay once and get everything. I like that quite a bit.
Eric, thanks for the information and update on the pvp side. Our "Fleet" (I don't like the term clan) is now over 45 members I believe now that Steve joined up last night. We have some folks who are now moving over to a pvp server and I wish them well, but I'm very content on staying on pve so I can enjoy the entire map without hindrance. Ironically I was attacked by a NPC privateer yesterday, but easily escaped in my cutter.

Gina, all I can tell you is that sailing a simulation like this is very enjoyable, relaxing and fulfilling even as a casual pve player. The sandbox navigation is a challenge and I love it. I spent several real time hours yesterday sailing from Bugle Cay all the way to Camp du Roy. Sunny weather, rain storms, thunder, etc.

Steve, as I said in the pm, don't hesitate to ask members of ACN to group up. Some of them are regularly taking down 3rd rates in large fleet operations. Every one is different and how you sail in battle and react to the AI is a unique experience. I got in on several missions last night and my last one against a single Bellona 74 netted me over 500 xp. What everyone in our group is looking for now is either the Tricomalee ship or its blueprint. Our shipwright is up to making Frigates. See you in game. Oh a final note that we finally got a female player joining ACN. I do wish we had more women in game, but it's just not happening.