Thread: Vote for Sails of Glory on BoardGameGeek

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Default Vote for Sails of Glory on BoardGameGeek

If anyone also visits BoardGameGeek, they are currently running the "Most Anticipated Games of 2014" contest. Sails of Glory is nominated for three categories: Historical, Wargame, and Strategy. If you are so inclined, head on over and cast a vote for Sails of Glory (or any game you like). BGG does require that you register first, same as here.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/16...of-2014-voting

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Saw that and posted it earlier :- http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...-Games-of-2014

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Already voted

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    Darn. Not sure how I missed your post. But glad to see others are on it already!

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

It is kind of interesting that it is not on the overall nomination list, but that Galaxy Defenders is.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Thanks for the heads up, Michael and Gaz. I will head over shortly and cast as many votes as possible. Vote early; vote often. That's our motto in Chicago.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPF View Post
    It is kind of interesting that it is not on the overall nomination list, but that Galaxy Defenders is.
    I wondered the same thing, but it appears that nominations are closed. Not sure what the criteria were to merit inclusion or exclusion.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I noticed that too, which is kind of disappointing. My eyebrows also went up under the 'wargame' category. A number of titles there just don't fit my perception of a wargame, which I will admit is probably considered 'old school'.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

It's because historical isn't sexy like SciFi & Fantasy. :angry:

My FLGS dropped Flames of War in lieu of having space for Infinity. Here's the real kicker, I heard directly from a BF sales manager who told me our FLGS was one of the ten highest volume sellers in the USA of FoW product. When I asked my FLGS owner why he dropped the line, he said historical is dead.

@ Jim - I too what passes for wargames nowadays. Old school is the best school!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    It's because historical isn't sexy like SciFi & Fantasy. :angry:

My FLGS dropped Flames of War in lieu of having space for Infinity. Here's the real kicker, I heard directly from a BF sales manager who told me our FLGS was one of the ten highest volume sellers in the USA of FoW product. When I asked my FLGS owner why he dropped the line, he said historical is dead.

@ Jim - I too what passes for wargames nowadays. Old school is the best school!
    Although I agree with your overall assessment, it still remains that "Top 10" for FoW MIGHT be less than "Top 1000" for Infinity. So it goes...

In the long run, though, I'm not too worried. Historical wargames will come into vogue again. They always do.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLaborMike View Post
    Although I agree with your overall assessment, it still remains that "Top 10" for FoW MIGHT be less than "Top 1000" for Infinity. So it goes...

In the long run, though, I'm not too worried. Historical wargames will come into vogue again. They always do.
    There's actually way more to the story. I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Long story short, my FLGS owner is letting his newly wed significant other make several business decisions which has all of us who frequent the shop scratch their heads, not the least of whom are my wife and two college-aged daughters. Fortunately, his cash cow WM/Hordes will see him through it no matter what, as he's top 3 in the nation selling their stuff. But we've observed his shipments of infinity vs his shipments of FoW. He's nowhere near the same volume yet, and it's been since August.

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Anyone that's not voted may want to consider doing so.