Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
Its going to take decades for Ares to fill out a decent selection of the kind of things I'm wanting :) I would dearly have loved Ares to stick with 1/1200 as it would have made combining my two favourite rule sets a doddle. As it is thats now just a dream. But at least 1/1000 is close enough to 1/1200 to make it easy to use the smaller scale terrain with Ares models with no real problems. And there are enough existing 1/1200 markers for things like fallen masts, boats, etc. that also work with 1/1000 that there really isn't any significant pressing need for the development of such items. It will be interesting to see if any of the current manufacturers of 1/1200 stuff decide to produce anything in 1/1000 as well.
Based on how quickly the first printing sold out, I imagine that at least a few manufacturers are considering adding a line of 1/1000 scale terrain. Give it a year, tops.

I also have no idea what Ares' planned schedule for Wave 3 and 4 is (I'm sure it's dependent on how Wave 2 goes), but two waves a year seems reasonable if demand remains this high. So that would be 24-32 ships per year (estimating from Wave 1, which included 16 ships, and Wave 2, which will include 12 ships). If you count ship cards being double sided, then that's 48-64 ships per year. It adds up quickly.