View Poll Results: What's your favorite sea ditty?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blow the Man Down

12 16.90%
  • Drunken Sailor

40 56.34%
  • In the Navy

10 14.08%
  • Beyond the Sea

7 9.86%
  • Das Leibe Schiff

2 2.82%

Thread: Favorite Nautical Tune

Hybrid View

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Thanks Charles!

As for enjoying food, my initials are EAT, and wife's family is in the restaurant business. We enjoy quality regardless of the genre. Hence, we enjoy everything from really good hot dogs to really good classical or really good haute cuisine. Growing up in the city, we were exposed to food from just about every part of the world. About the only thing we don't do are chain restaurants with the exception of Maggianos.

I think Bulldogs, Ad Lib, and the winery will be on our summer list.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Thanks Charles!

About the only thing we don't do are chain restaurants with the exception of Maggianos.

I think Bulldogs, Ad Lib, and the winery will be on our summer list.
    The Oliverri restaurants are a local chain and I actually prefer them over Maggianos. Bulldogs and Ad Lib are a must, but skip the winery. When I said "fermented less than five days in a bathtub," what I really meant is most of their selections taste like they were filtered through the sweaty underwear of a Biggest Loser contestant after an eight hour workout. However, if you insist on giving them a try anyway, you can sample their concoctions Wednesday evenings at the Farmer's Market starting in June. You'd be much better off washing down a Bulldogs burger at The Vine just a few doors west of the grill.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    As for enjoying food, my initials are EAT, and wife's family is in the restaurant business.
    That raises a question...what's the story behind your handle? At first, I figured it was some form of 733T-speak, but then I realized that you probably have no idea what that is. So..7eat51? It reminds me of my kids' favorite joke at the moment...Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 ate 9! This cracks them up every time.